MANILA - Businesswoman Janet Lim Napoles and her brother Reynald Lim, who have been linked to the P10 billion pork barrel scam, are still in the country, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima said Tuesday.
"Wala kaming reports, wala kaming indications, wala kaming info na sinasabi na nakalabas na si Mrs. Napoles and the brother. All existing leads na nakakalap ng [National Bureau of Investigation] ngayon point to the fact that they are still here but they are hiding," she told reporters during a press briefing of the Inter-Agency Graft Coordinating Council (IAGCC).
De Lima earlier said all regional and field offices of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) have been alerted to help the 12 special teams of the bureau created specifically to arrest Napoles and her brother Reynald Lim on the strength of a warrant issued by Makati City regional trial court Branch 150 earlier this month.
Napoles is now considered a “high profile fugitive,” De Lima said as she ordered immigration personnel to be on the lookout for the wanted siblings.
The arrest warrants were for the illegal detention case filed against Napoles and her brother by former employee and whistleblower Benhur Luy.
Napoles is at the center of a controversy over the alleged misuse of some P10 billion in pork barrel funds by some lawmakers reportedly through ghost non-government organizations she set up.