MANILA - Two security officers of Pacific Plaza Towers on Tuesday testified before the Makati Regional Trial Court that pork barrel scam whistleblower Benhur Luy was not detained by Janet Lim Napoles and her brother.
The two officers, Fernando Masayon and Feliciano Alcantara, were presented by the lawyers of Napoles as their first witnesses in the serious illegal detention case filed by Luy against Napoles and her brother, Reynald Lim.
Masayon and Alcantara told the court that they heard Luy say that he was not kidnapped and that the Napoleses were innocent during his alleged rescue from the condominium building on March 22 last year.
Napoles' lawyer, Bruce Rivera, said the witnesses were able to establish that Luy was not kidnapped.
The defense is set to also present before the court Pacific Plaza Towers general manager Susan Carag and the operator of the closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras in the condominium.
Napoles was earlier detained at Fort Sto. Domingo in Sta. Rosa, Laguna for the serious illegal detention case filed by Luy.
But the Sandiganbayan Third Division, where she is facing plunder and graft charges over the multibillion-peso pork barrel scam, ordered her transfer to the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) female dormitory at Camp Bagong Diwa in Bicutan, Taguig City last month.