MANILA - President Aquino has named a new administrator for the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), 4 new ambassadors, and executives to other line agencies and government corporations.
Rebecca Calzado replaces Carmelita Dimzon at the OWWA effective May 30, 2014.
Calzado, 59, was an assistant secretary at the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and a deputy executive director 4 of the National Wages and Productivity Council. She holds a masters degree in economics from the University of the Philippines.
Also effective May 30, President Aquino made the following appointments:
- Pericles Dakay, chairman, Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board
- Victorino Benjamin Lahoz, member, Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board
- Farouk Macarambon Sr., member, Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board
- Francis Gealogo, member of the board representing the private sector, National Historical Commission of the Philippines
- Gloria B. Arcos, Carmelita C. Divinagracia, Carfredda P. Dumlao, Florene Cawaon, and Glenda Arquiza--members for 3-year term, Professional Regulatory Board of Nursing, Professional regulatory Commission
- George Colorado, acting director 4, Commission on Higher Education
- Reydeluz Conferido, undersecretary, DOLE
- Sisinio Cano, director 4, DOLE
- Mary Grace Riguer, acting deputy executive director 3, Institute for Labor Studies, DOLE
- Jeanette T. damo, acting deputy executive director 4, National Wages and Productivity Board, DOLE
- Reynaldo Tamayo, director 4, Department of Public Works and Highways
- Mary Angelene Arabit-Tamayo, acting director, Department of Social welfare and Development (DSWD)
- Gemma Gabuya, acting director 4, DSWD
- Venus Rebuldela, acting director 3, DSWD
President Aquino also nominated 4 new ambassadors. Their appointments are subject to confirmation by the Commission on Apppointments:
Domingo P. Nolasco, ambassador, Italy
Wilfredo C. Santos, ambassador, Qatar
Melita S. Sta. Maria-Thomeczek, ambassador, Germany
Nathaniel G. Imperial, ambassador, Israel
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte made the announcements during Friday’s press briefing.
“So those are the appointments for --- also May 30, 2014. The appointment papers are accompanied by short profiles of the new appointees."