Lawyer: More names in Napoles' 2nd affidavit
MANILA – A lawyer of alleged pork barrel scam mastermind Janet Lim Napoles on Saturday said her second affidavit – which they will be submitting next week – is more "specific" than the first one and will have more names of people allegedly involved in the multi-billion peso corruption scheme.
The first affidavit, according to Atty. Bruce Rivera, was just a general statement. The second one will tell a different story, and it would include the final list of those involved in the pork barrel scam, he told dzMM's Pasada 630 Sabado.
"We are finishing it up and perhaps pinaka-longest na is Wednesday or Thursday next week. Maibibigay na namin yung final list. That’s precisely our point. Initially po kasi we never intended to show the list, until we are ready with everything. Because of course it is irresponsible naman on our part na we will be dragging people's names to the melee and then we cannot even substantiate that. It’s just pure hearsay. So sabi ni Mrs Napoles, kailangan natin tignan because she has her own way of keeping the records," Rivera said.
Rivera said there are more individuals named in the second affidavit.
"In fact, dun sa second na longer affidavit nya, may naidadagdag pa. Because when she checked her records, may mga transactions pala si ganito, ganyan. So naidagdag pa ni Mrs. Napoles because nung time that she was in Fort Santo Domingo, she kept her records. Naitago nya, she stashed it away to a safe place," the lawyer said.
Asked if she took the records with her in Sta. Rosa, Atty. Rivera said, "No".
"Kaya po hindi nya kayang i-reconstruct lahat in one setting, it's because wala sa kanya. Naipatago niya when the serious illegal detention cases happened. Meron mga raid so she already had the records kept. Naitago na niya," he said.
'JV EJERCITO NOT ON LIST'
Rivera admitted that when Napoles and Department of Justice Secretary Leila de Lima met last month, there was indeed a list of names of people involved in the scam which she submitted.
"In fact, hindi sya yung in-encode lang. Kundi there were also 110 notes in the list. Meron din sya namali, kasi somebody encoded a name that’s not supposed to be there," he said, referring to Sen. Joseph Victor 'JV' Ejercito,
Rivera said the encoder typed JV Ejercito's name instead of his half-brother's, Jinggoy Estrada.
"So when Mrs. Napoles was reading it, eh tanggalin. So there are also additions in the names [of people on the list]. There is also double, na dalawang times syang naisulat because nandun na pala... That list was given on the day of the meeting. It was thumb-marked," he said.
Asked why it was thumb-marked, Rivera said he does not have any idea. "We don't know. Na thumb mark na, na-pirmahahan pa nya."
Meantime, according to lawyer Ricardo Valmonte, even before the so-called Napoles list was made public, a copy had already been given to former Senator Panfilo "Ping" Lacson.
"Alam mo, bago lumabas 'yan, bago nagbigay si Mrs. Napoles kay Secretary de Lima, binigyan na niya si [Sen.] Lacson. Kaligtasan niya 'yun eh. Kasi kung iisa lang ang listahang gagawin niya, bibigyan niya sa isa. Pag nawala siya, wala na 'yung listahan.
"Insurance niya. Protection nya," he said.
Rivera clarified that Mrs. Napoles was trying to contact Lacson before she talked to the justice secretary last month.
"We had a hard time actually getting through Secretary de Lima. We tried to talk to Secretary de Lima for the longest time, siguro even before Christmas. Mga November, December, we were already trying to get in touch with her… they had a hard time trying to talk to Secretary de Lima so the family decided na siguro kung hindi kaya si Secretary de Lima, we might as well talk to Sen Lacson," Rivera recounted.
Asked what made the family choose Lacson, Rivera said Lacson never received anything from his pork barrel.
"Kasi sabi po sa akin ni Sir Jimmy [Napoles] and si Mrs. Napoles din, Sen. Lacson is the only one wala talagang involvement sa PDAF. He was very clear about that and we all know he never received anything from the PDAF.
Rivera said there was also the military connection: Lacson and Mr. Napoles are both Philippine Military Academy (PMA) graduates.
Meanwhile, Atty. Levi Baligod, lawyer of whistleblower Benhur Luy, said there is no "Benhur Luy List".
According to Baligod, Luy kept daily financial transaction records that he compiled and prepared from 2004 to 2010.
"So wala syang list in the sense na hindi sya nag-summarize kung sino sino ang mga involved sa PDAF scam," Baligod said