MANILA - The Senate Blue Ribbon Committee is issuing a subpoena to Justice Secretary Leila de Lima to produce the list of lawmakers who allegedly benefited from the multibillion-peso pork barrel scam.
Blue Ribbon Committee chairman Sen. TG Guingona told reporters that he had just signed a subpoena duces tecum for de Lima to surrender the list to the Senate this week.
He said rehabilitation czar Panfilo Lacson has also committed to submit all documents about the pork barrel scam to him "within the week."
"I think it is time already in the spirit of transparency the list should be brought out. Not only the list in the hands of Secretary de Lima but also the list that Senator Lacson has," he told reporters.
Asked if de Lima can reject the Senate subpoena, Guingona said: "She cannot (refuse). She has to honor the subpoena."
He said there will likely be a hearing based on the contents of the lists. He said the list will be made open to the public.
Alleged pork barrel scam mastermind Janet Lim Napoles submitted the list of lawmakers linked to the scam last month just before she underwent surgery at the Ospital ng Makati.
Lacson later revealed that as many as 16 senators have been linked to the scam, based on the list he received. De Lima said Lacson's list came from Napoles' husband.
Napoles is accused of conniving with lawmakers and other government officials to siphon billions of pesos in priority development assistance funds to fake foundations that she set up. At least three opposition senators - Juan Ponce Enrile, Jinggoy Estrada and Bong Revilla - are now facing plunder charges before the Office of the Ombudsman for funneling their PDAF to Napoles NGOs.
The Senate Blue Ribbon Committee is also set to investigate the Malampaya fund scam on May 22. Commission on Audit chairperson Grace Pulido Tan will be the first resource person for the hearing, Guingona said.