MANILA - Former First Gentleman Jose Miguel Arroyo is seeking the courts' permission anew to travel abroad.
In a four-page motion submitted to the Sandiganbayan’s 4th and 5th divisions, Arroyo is asking the two separate courts to allow him to travel to Tokyo, Japan from June 1-5, 2013, and to Hong Kong from June 5-9, 2013.
He said the trip is purely for vacation purposes. He said he will be with his son, Mikey. They will be joined in Hong Kong by his other children, Datu and Luli, and their families.
In his motion, Arroyo says he would like to take advantage of his grandchildren’s school break to bond with them privately.
The motion noted the courts had already allowed him to travel and he has always returned.
Arroyo said he will abide by all the conditions that will be set by the court.
He has requested the courts to hear the motion on May 10.
Arroyo is charged with graft at the 4th Division in
connection with the botched National Broadband Network (NBN) deal.
The 5th division, on the other hand, is handling a case on his supposed links to the allegedly anomalous Philippine National Police helicopter deal.