2011 Bar Exams results out Wednesday

by Ina Reformina, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Feb 27 2012 01:09 PM | Updated as of Feb 28 2012 12:10 AM

MANILA, Philippines (2nd UPDATE) - Results of the 2011 Bar Examinations will be out on Wednesday.

The results are expected to be out by 2 p.m., the earliest, at the Supreme Court.

The exams were held in the 4 Sundays of November at the University of Sto. Tomas.

There were over 6,000 examinees who took the following subjects:

first day: Political and International Law, and Labor and Social Legislation and Taxation;
second day: Civil Law and Mercantile Law;
third day: Remedial Law, and Legal Ethics and Forms and Criminal Law;
fourth day: Trial Memorandum and Legal Opinion.

For the first time, multiple choice questions (MCQ) were introduced covering 60% of the exams, the remaining 40% consisted of essay.

The two-step examinations proposal was finalized after consultations with deans from various law schools.

The Supreme Court had said that the MCQ exams should be able to assess the following skills: knowledge and recall; comprehension and understanding; and analysis and application.

Associate Justice Roberto Abad is the Chairman of the 2011 Bar exams.

A total of 982 out of 4,847 examinees passed the 2010 Bar exams released on March 17, 2011.

The first Bar exams were held in 1901, with only 13 examinees.