4 more witnesses to surface after Cunanan, Tuason

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Feb 24 2014 12:28 PM | Updated as of Feb 24 2014 10:50 PM

MANILA - The government has four more witnesses to allegedly pin down those already linked to the pork barrel scam, a lawyer of three pork scam whistle-blowers said Monday.

In an interview with Radio dzMM’s Alex Calda, lawyer Stephen Cascolan said the four submitted their affidavits before the Ombudsman as early as August last year. He refused to name them.

He said these witnesses no longer asked to be accepted to the Witness Protection Program (WPP), unlike socialite Ruby Tuason and Technology Livelihood Resource Center chief Dennis Cunanan.

Cascolan is the pro-bono lawyer of whistleblowers Marina Sula, Arlene Baltazar, and Monette Briones.

Meanwhile, he denied he is against Cunanan’s entry to the WPP. He said all witnesses can ask for protection under the WPP for as long as they return the money they got from the pork scam.

Cunanan has already been accepted as a “provisional” state witness, according to Justice Secretary Leila de Lima.

She said Cunanan will attest to allegations that the senators allegedly involved in the pork scam asked for the release of pork barrel funds to bogus organizations supposedly created by businesswoman Janet Napoles.