Foreigners must report or face sanctions -- immigration


Posted at Jan 01 2012 12:47 PM | Updated as of Jan 01 2012 08:52 PM

MANILA, Philippines - Starting January 3, all foreigners in the country have to report in person to the Bureau of Immigration (BI) for their annual report, or face sanctions for being improperly documented aliens.

The Alien Registration Act of 1950 directs all foreigners holding immigrant or non-immigrant visas to report to the bureau within the first 60 days of every calendar year, to avoid administrative fines or possible deportation.

According to BI Commissioner Ricardo David Jr., foreigners in the country should make their annual report as early as possible to avoid deadline rush.

Foreigners can report to the BI main office in Intramuros, Manila or any of its field or satellite offices around the country. They must bring with them their ACR identity card (I-Card) and certificate of residence, as well as pay for the annual report fee of P300 and a P10 legal research fee.

Alien Registration Division chief Ronaldo Ledesma said those who have old paper-based ACR will not be allowed to make their annual report until they apply for an ACR I-Card.

Parents of children below 14 years of age and legal guardians or representatives of adults 65 years old and above can make reports on their behalf.