MANILA, Philippines – What are the most original and creative local products sold online today? Shopping website Multiply Philippines recently announced its Top 30 picks.
Tee Hee shirt from Proud Mama Store
The 30 products on fashion, food and beverage, and home and family care are part of this year’s Multiply Origination Awards, which aims to recognize original ideas in the e-commerce space.
Original Fashion Forward Idea
1. Honey Badger Bags of Honey Baby
2. Manila Sole Shoes of Manila Sole
3. Cabo Feather Maillot of Soak Swimwear
4. Macy Satchel
5. The Weekend bag of The School of Satchel
6. Smart Passport Folio of The School of Satchel
7. Butter Tint of Bare Naturals
8. Under the Sea Charm Bracelet of Trinkets for Keeps
9. Customizable Wire Hangers of Anagon Collection
10. USB Camera Necklace of Tuesday Freya
Most Original Gourmand Idea
1. Chuco Portrait of Chuco Art
2. Enchanted Hand-tied Purple Bouquet of Sweet Blooms
3. Paris Halloween Treat Basket of Sweet Blooms
4. Pineapple Vinegar of World Fair Trade Asia
5. Crispy Tahong of World Fair Trade Asia
6. Trigona Sugar Bag of Milea Bee Farm
7. Cake Clothes Line Design of Sweet Success
8. Decorated Cake with 3D Designs of Cake Avenue Bakeshop
9. Dainty Vanilla I Love You Cookies of Kela’s Kitchen and Keepers
10. 60% South Cotabato-Coco Regular Mini Crave of Risa Chocolate
Most Original Mommy Management Idea
1. Hoot Hats of Honey Baby
2. Sniffles Balm of Milea Bath and Body Wellness Essentials
3. Milea Baby Nappy Balm of Milea Bath and Body Wellness Essentials
4. Mommy Patch Anti-Mosquito Rescue Sticks of Mommy Patch
5. BCV Tank Top of Mommy Matters
6. Momease Diaperbag Converter of Mommy Matters
7. Mommy Mundo’s Mom 24/7 Planner of Mommy Matters
8. The Proud Mama Reversible Nursing Cover of Proud Mama Store
9. Tee Hee Shirts of Proud Mama Store
10. Shoo Fly Insect Repellant Home Spray of Indigo
“Multiply has been the home of Filipino online entrepreneurs and witness to the inventiveness and ingenuity of Filipino Internet merchants, and our platform has been host to some of the most original products we have ever seen; it is only appropriate that we recognize our talented and creative merchants,” Multiply Philippines country manager Jack Madrid said in a press statement.
The shortlisted items will be reviewed by a panel of experts based on the strength and innovativeness of the product concept, perceived value and marketability.
The judges in this year’s Multiply Origination Awards include Madrid, GoNegosyo founder and RFM Corp. chief executive officer and president Joey Concepcion; Sulit.com.ph co-founder and managing director RJ David; Banco De Oro’s senior assistant vice president for e-commerce lending Cofa Gutierrez; and Chuvaness.com founder and lifestyle blogger Cecile Van Straten.
Aside from the judges’ scores, the public can also vote for their favorite product online at http://origination.multiply.com/#8 until December 20. The votes will contribute 30% to the final score of each finalist.
On January 14, 2013, three winners will be named in this year’s Multiply Origination Awards and will each receive an “online business package” worth P200,000 which includes a Samsung Galaxy SIII, a Cherry Superion Tablet, a Smart Bro Pocket WiFi, a Gold Package from Sulit.com.ph worth P100,000, and digital advertising and billboard exposure from Multiply.com, among others.