MANILA, Philippines - Pamalican island, more popularly known as Amanpulo, is one of the world's most romantic islands, according to Travel and Leisure Magazine.
The small private island between Palawan and Panay, which only measures 500 meters at its widest point, is said to provide couples with "luxurious seclusion" with its 40 pitched-roof traditional villas and a pristine beach with sand "so white it's blinding."
"Luxurious seclusion on a pristine beach is what lures travelers -- and keeps them coming back," Travel and Leisure magazine's Emma Sloley wrote in her online feature. (Read the full article here.)
Although an "off the beaten path" resort, Pamalican, said Sloley, still has huge appeal for romantic-island seekers.
She made the statement as she compared the island to popular tourist attractions such as Santorini in Greece.
"Whether you're after all-out luxury or sand-between-the-toes casual, there's a romantic island for you. And while many of these dream destinations have 'remote' and 'secluded' as their principle selling points, others are surprisingly close to home," Sloley wrote.
Below is the full list of the world's most romantic islands, as mentioned in Travel and Leisure magazine's website (in no particular order):
1. Rangali Island, The Maldives
2. Molokai, Hawaii
3. Capri, Italy
4. St. Lucia, Caribbean
5. Bocas del Toro, Panama
6. Catalina Island, California
7. Santorini, Greece
8. Barbuda, Caribbean
9. Laucala Island, Fiji
10. Pamalican Island, The Philippines
11. Lizard Island, Australia
12. Sicily, Italy
13. Aitutaki, Cook Islands
14. Isle of Mull, Scotland
15. La Digue, Seychelles
16. Vieques, Puerto Rico
17. Folegandros, Greece
18. Terre-de-Haut, Guadeloupe, Carribean
19. Vancouver Island, Canada
20. Pangkor Laut, Malaysia
21. Mustique, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Carribean
22. Ile des Deux Cocos, Mauritius
23. Lana'i, Hawaii
24. Amelia Island, Florida
25. Lamu Island, Kenya
26. Zanzibar, Tanzania
27. Espiritu Santo, Mexico
28. Fernardo de Noronha, Brazil
29. Racha Yai, Thailand
30. Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
31. Harbour Island, Bahamas
32. Formentera, Spain
Batangas spa one of Asia's best
Meanwhile, The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) said The Farm at San Benito, Batangas is one of Asia's top spas for foodies.
WSJ particularly commended the spa for being a "pioneer of raw and vegan cuisine in Asia."
Other "foodie spas" in Asia mentioned by the publication include Six Senses Sanctuary Phuket and Chiva-Som, which are both located in Thailand.
"The resort uses dehydrators and molecular-gastronomy techniques to create healthy dishes such as homemade granola, fresh-baked breads and meatless burgers...Almost all of the food at The Farm is harvested on the premises," WSJ said. The Farm was also dubbed as a top "detox" spa in Asia. (Read the full article here.)
Aside from The Farm, the only other spa in the Philippines that made it in WSJ's list is Chi at Shangri-La Boracay, a resort that's reachable only by boat.
It was dubbed as a "Romantic Getaway" spa along with The Pavilions in Phuket, Thailand.
"The Chi spa here is designed with pampering and indulgence in mind," WSJ said.
Below is the full list of Asia's top spas, as mentioned in WSJ:
1. Alila Villas Uluwatu, Indonesia
2. Aquum Spa at Huvafen Fushi, Maldives
3. Aman at Summer Palace, China
1. The Spa Resorts Samui Beach, Thailand
2. Kamalaya, Thailand
3. The Farm at San Benito, The Philippines
1. The Farm at San Benito, The Philippines
2. Six Senses Sanctuary Phuket, Thailand
3. Chiva-Som, Thailand
1. Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, Thailand
2. Fairmont Beijing, China
3. Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
1. Tria Integrative Wellness, Thailand
2. S Medical Spa, Thailand
3. Chiva-Som, Thailand
1. One&Only Reethi Rah, Maldives
2. The Pavilions Phuket, Thailand
3. Chi, The Spa at Shangri-La Boracay Resort and Spa, The Philippines
1. The Bulgari Resort, Indonesia
2. Oberoi Amarvillas, India
3. Chi, The Spa at China World Summit Wing, China
1. Amanda in the Himalayas, India
2. Absolute Sanctuary, Thailand
3. Como Shambhala Estate, Indonesia
Photos courtesy of amanresorts.com and thefarm.com.ph