MANILA, Philippines - The public has spoken -- John Lloyd Cruz and Piolo Pascual are the country's most stylish leading men, while Kim Chiu is the most fashionable leading lady.
Chiu got the highest number of votes in the Most Stylish Leading Lady category of StarStudio's first Celebrity Style Awards. She beat Anne Curtis, Heart Evangelista, Judy Ann Santos and Rhian Ramos.
Pascual and Cruz, meanwhile, were tied in the Most Stylish Leading Man category, which also included Derek Ramsay, Diether Ocampo and Jericho Rosales.
Other winners in the People's Choice awards include Agot Isidro (Most Stylish Kontrabida), Toni Gonzaga (Most Stylish Comedienne), Vice Ganda (Most Stylish Comedian), Angel Aquino and Daphne Osena-Paez (Most Stylish Host - Female), Tim Yap (Most Stylish Host - Male), Sarah Geronimo (Most Stylish Performer - Female) and Billy Crawford (Most Stylish Performer - Male).
Voting was done via SMS, which ran from July 7 to September 3.
Celebrity, Technical categories
Unlike the People's Choice awards which relied solely on SMS votes, a special jury decided on the winners for both Technical and Celebrity categories.
Lucy Torres-Gomez won the Female Celebrity Style Icon award, which also included Gretchen Barretto, Agot Isidro, Angel Aquino, Judy Ann Santos and Cherie Gil.
Ely Buendia, on the other hand, beat Richard Gomez, Piolo Pascual, Edu Manzano, Aga Muhlach, Albert Martinez and Cesar Montano for the Male Celebrity Style Icon award.
Gretchen Barretto and Piolo Pascual, meanwhile, were given the Red Carpet Style awards.
Below are the winners in the Technical categories of the StarStudio Celebrity Style Awards:
- Celebrity Designer of the Year: Randy Ortiz
- Celebrity Photographer of the Year: Mark Nicdao
- Best Celebrity Portrait: Garage (Magazine) with Piolo Pascual (Artist), Mark Nicdao (Photographer), Rey Ilagan (Stylist), Ricci Chan (Grooming) and DenDen Perez (Hairstylist)
- Best Celebrity Editorial: Rogue (Magazine) with Mark Nicdao (Photographer), L. A. Consing Lopez (Stylist) and Jigs Mayuga (Hair and Make-up)
- Celebrity Stylists of the Year (special citation): Pam Quinones, Sidney Yap, Rex Atienza, Lotho and Bianca Santiago
- Celebrity Make-up Artists of the Year (special citation): Juan Sarte, Jigs Mayuga, Lala Flores, Christine Duque and Krist Bansuelo
- Celebrity Hair Stylists of the Year (special citation): Nante Alingasa, Vianney Guese, Felicity Son, John Valle and Bren Sales