PH's most influential celebrity netizens named
|Lea Salonga. File photo
MANILA, Philippines – An entertainment magazine has named the most influential celebrity netizens in the fields of showbiz, music, fashion and lifestyle, politics and news.
In its October 2012 issue, Yes! Magazine released its “20 Most Influential Celebrity Netizens” lists, which considered not only a person’s Twitter followers but also the number of comments and “retweets” that a showbiz personality receives on the microblogging site.
“Yes! initially thought that the size of a celebrity’s followers on Twitter was enough to determine a celebrity’s rank on this list. But the idea of a Klout score, which goes beyond just counting the number of people who follow your tweets to counting the number of people who act on your tweets, proved too irresistible. This produced a list where the celebrities with the most number of Twitter followers (listed here as of August 31, 2012) weren’t necessarily kings and queens of the Twitterverse,” the magazine said.
In the entertainment category, Tony Award-winning actress and singer Lea Salonga (@MsLeaSalonga) topped the list with over a million followers and a Klout score of 82.86 out of 100. Her posts on the microblogging site usually generate a lot of buzz, such as her stand on issues such as homosexuality and the controversial Reproductive Health bill.
The "Miss Saigon" star's Klout score was closely followed by television host Bianca Gonzalez (@iamsuperbianca), who got 84.42. She has over 1.7 million followers as of August 31.
Coming in third place is another TV host, Iya Villania (@iyavillania), with a Klout score of 81.61 and over 1.5 million followers.
“Walang Hanggan” star Julia Montes (@montesjulia) ranked fourth with 950,060 followers and a Klout score of 80.27. Actress Angel Locsin (@143redangel) rounded out the Top 5 with a Klout score of 79.78 and over 2.3 million followers.
Anne Curtis (@annecurtissmith), the most-followed celebrity in the Philippines at over 3 million as of August 31 – and nearly 3.5 million as of posting – landed in eighth place as she only had a Klout score of 79.18. The actress, host and sought-after product endorser has a habit of “tweeting” about her daily activities.
Other stars known for their controversial posts on Twitter were also part of the list: KC Concepcion (@kc_concepcion) ranked 17th, while Angelica Panganiban (@IamAngelicaP) landed in 20th place.
Actress-host Kris Aquino, who was dubbed as the “Queen of All Media,” was not included in Yes! Magazine’s list.
Below is the magazine’s list of “20 Most Influential Celebrity Netizens” in the entertainment category:
- Lea Salonga (@MsLeaSalonga)
- Bianca Gonzalez (@iamsuperbianca)
- Iya Villania (@iyavillania)
- Julia Montes (@montesjulia)
- Angel Locsin (@143redangel)
- John Prats (@imjohnprats)
- Vice Ganda (@vicegandako)
- Anne Curtis (@annecurtissmith)
- Kim Atienza (@kuyakimatienza)
- Luis Manzano (@luckymanzano)
- Daniel Padilla (@imdanielpadilla)
- Maxene Magalona (@maxenemagalona)
- Julie Anne San Jose (@MyJaps)
- Elmo Magalona (@SuperElmo)
- Slater Young (@thatguySLATER)
- Kathryn Bernardo (@bernardokath)
- KC Concepcion (@kc_concepcion)
- Jodi Sta. Maria (@JodiStaMaria)
- Xian Lim (@XianLimm)
- Angelica Panganiban (@IamAngelicaP)
|Gary Valenciano. File photo
Judge-mentors of the ABS-CBN reality show “The X Factor Philippines” dominated the Top 5 list of the most influential celebrity netizens in the music category.
Singer-dancer Gary Valenciano (@GaryValenciano1), dubbed as the country’s “Mr. Pure Energy,” topped the list with a Klout score of 83.30 and over 497,000 followers.
Fellow “X-Factor” judge-mentors Martin Nievera (@4eversinging4u) and Charice (@OfficialCharice) ranked third and fourth, respectively.
Christian Bautista (@xtianbautista) came in second, while Jim Paredes (@Jimparedes), one-third of the iconic musical trio Apo Hiking Society, rounded out the Top 5.
Below are the other Top 5 lists of influential celebrity netizens:
Fashion and Lifestyle
- BryanBoy (@bryanboy)
- Tim Yap (@officialTIMYAP)
- Cristalle Belo Henares (@cristallebelo)
- Georgina Wilson (@ilovegeorgina)
- Liz Uy (@lizzzuy)
- President Benigno Aquino III (@noynoyaquino)
- Manuel L. Quezon III (@mlq3)
- Sen. Francis Pangilinan (@kikopangilinan)
- Sen. Miriam Santiago (@senmiriam)
- Former President Joseph Estrada (@PresidentErap)
- Maria Ressa (@maria_ressa)
- Karen Davila (@Karen_Davila)
- Ces Oreña-Drilon (@cesdrilon)
- Kat De Castro (@KatDeCastro)
- Ryan Chua (@ryan_chua)