MANILA, Philippines - Eighteen of the country's top designers will unveil their spring/summer collections at Fashion Watch, an annual event that aims to celebrate fashion creativity in the country.
Presented by Makati Shangri-La, it will be held every Thursday afternoon from September 8 to October 24 and on October 27 at the hotel's Lobby Lounge.
The 18 designers are:
- Jun Escario and James Reyes (September 8)
- Joel Escober and Jojie Lloren (September 15)
- Ito Curata and Patrice Diaz (September 22)
- Alex Bitong and JC Buendia (September 29)
- OJ Hofer and Jerome Lorico (October 6)
- Joey Samson and Len Nepomuceno (October 13)
- Ferdi Abuel and Norman Noriega (October 20)
- Dennis Lustico and Lulu Tan-Gan (October 24)
- Ivar Aseron and Philip Rodriguez (October 27)
Inno Sotto, dubbed as "Manila's Prince of Fashion," is the creative director of Fashion Watch 2011. Patrick Rosas is in charge of hair and makeup, while Grace Molina is the show's project coordinator and director.
Stylish canapes, cocktails
In celebration of Fashion Watch 2011, the Lobby Lounge has created a special set of canapes and cocktails that guests can enjoy during the show.
This includes smoked salmon on pumpernickel bread and cream cheese canape; foie gras terrine on toasted brioche and fig jam canape; and the "Fashion Watch" cocktail, which contains lychee, rum and sparkling wine.
Makati Shangri-La said it will also offer Classic, Filipino and Canape High Tea, which has a variety of finger sandwiches, cakes, pies and tarts.
For more information about Fashion Watch, call (632) 840-0884 for e-mail [email protected]