MANILA, Philippines – The official list of national finalists for the Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines (TOSP), designed to recognize students both in academic and socially relevant activities, is finally out.
Not surprisingly, the list includes students from top schools in the country such as the University of the Philippines, the Ateneo de Manila University and De La Salle University.
Among them is Kenneth Isaiah Abante, who graduated as valedictorian in Ateneo this year.
But most of the students who made the cut came from the regions, with finalists from as far as Leyte and Zamboanga.
All 30 finalists will be invited to the TOSP’s head office in Manila for the National Week activities, as well as for a panel interview.
Below is the full list, arranged alphabetically:
- Kenneth Isaiah I. Abante, BS Management Engineering, Ateneo de Manila University
- Michael Angelo M. Abarcar, BS Accountancy, University of Southern Philippines Foundation
- Jufran C. Agustin, BS Education – English, Leyte Normal University
- Randell T. Aranza, AB Mass Communication and BS Business Administration, University of St. La Salle
- Ramon Matthew R. Basabe, BS Nursing, Cebu Doctor’s University
- Nesie Fe G. Binatero, BS Education – English, Bohol Wisdom College
- Angelita A. Bombarda, BS Psychology, De La Salle University – Manila
- Ma. Clarissa Lavena A. Bombase, AB Political Science, University of Nueva Caceres
- Bobby S. Caceres, BS Marine Engineering, Maritime Academy of Asia and the Pacific
- Aliza B. Castro, BS Nursing, Benguet State University
- Jerome V. David, BS Industrial Management Engineering, De La Salle University – Manila
- Lawrence Charlemagne G. David, BS Electronics Engineering, Bataan Peninsula State University – Main
- John Michael F. Dellariarte, Doctor of Medicine, Ateneo de Zamboanga University – School of Medicine
- Joshua Eleazar P. Domen, BS Information Technology, St. Paul University – Dumaguete
- Daniel Philip V. Dy, BS BA Business Management Honors Program, Ateneo de Naga University
- Marville Cullen P. Espago, BS Marine Transportation, Maritime Academy of Asia and the Pacific
- Cesar E. Higoy Jr., BS Civil Engineering, St. Louis University
- Benny Mart R. Hiwatig, BS Education – English, De La Salle Lipa
- Ma. Shiril A. Jalad-Armero, Doctor of Medicine, Southwestern University
- Ridwan N. Landasan, AB International Studies, Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan
- Jay-R M. Mendoza, BS Education – Mathematics, University of Rizal System
- Ruthell A. Moreno, BS Special Education, West Visayas State University
- Reynaldo G. Nalliw, BS Nursing, Ifugao State University – Main
- Maria Janua B. Polinar, AB Political Science, Central Mindanao State University
- Danilo V. Rogayan Jr., BS Education – Biological Science, Ramon Magsaysay Technological University – Zambales
- Kurt Gerrard T. See, BS Applied Economics, De La Salle University – Manila
- Mitz S. Serofia, BS Nursing, West Visayas State University
- Michiko S. Takemori, BS Biology, De La Salle Lipa
- Juan Carlo P. Tejano, BA Political Science, University of the Philippines – Diliman
- Mark Gil P. Tuazon, BS Information Systems, Mary the Queen College (Pampanga) Inc.
The annual TOSP award was founded by Concepcion-led food and beverage company RFM Corp.