MANILA – “Which local actress best portrays a mother role?”
This was one of the questions covered by a recent online survey for mothers by the shopping website Lazada.
The number of respondents was not mentioned in the survey, which was conducted among the members of the Lazada Super Moms group and the mom consumers on Lazada’s main Facebook page.
It showed that most of the respondents are Vilmanians at heart, with 69.8% of them saying that she is the best representation of a mother in television and film. She edged out Sharon Cuneta (15.4%), Dawn Zulueta (10.6%) and Jaclyn Jose (4.2%).
When asked about the band that they want to meet if given a chance, 40.2% of respondents answered the local band Eraserheads, which trumped international acts like Coldplay (26.4%) and U2 (15.1%). Also popular is the Apo Hiking Society with 18.3%.
Brad Pitt leads the pack of Hollywood crushes of mom respondents with 53.4%, followed by Leonardo DiCaprio (24.1%), George Clooney (11.6%) and Richard Gere (10.9%).
As for their must-have item, 36% of respondents said baby wipes always save the day. Other items that they could not live without include a first aid kit (31.2%), a face towel (27.3%) and a power bank (5.5%).
Here are other findings from Lazada’s survey:
- Mom’s comfy casual #OOTD: Shorts (45.3%), jeans (43.7%), cropped pants (7.4%), skirt (3.6%)
- Preferred mobile operating system: Android (71.4%), iOS (28.6%)
- How moms save when shopping: Buy during a sale (37.6%), Use a voucher or gift check (35%), Buy product bundles or in bulk (26%), Ask allowance from the husband (1.3%)
- Describe yourself as a product category: Health and Beauty (36.3%), Home and Living (27.7%), Mobile and Tablets (19.3%), Fashion (10.9%), Media, Music and Books (5.8%)
- Diet fads that work best for moms: Fruits and veggies all the way (58.2%), No rice (17.4%), Nothing after 6 p.m. (15.8%), No sweets (8.6%)
- Preferred vacation: Staycations (41.2%), At the beach (29.6%), Province (20.2%), Abroad (9%)