#Ask Barbie: What makeup products can I use for my beach trip?
Balesin, Baler or Boracay – whichever beach you decide to visit, you have to make sure your face is well-protected and ready for that selfie. Alyanna Martinez and I share our top beach beauty must-have products to keep your pretty face sun-proof, sweat-proof and waterproof.
Question asked by MOR 101.9 DJ BEA through Twitter: What makeup products can I use for my beach trip?
There are three things to keep in mind when putting on your beach makeup. First, your makeup should protect you from the sun. Second, it must look au naturel. And third, it should last through sweat and water.
The first part is easy. Simply prep your face with SPF and pick foundation products that have sun protection as well.
As for the second part, just remember that too much makeup on the beach can make your face look cakey and out of place. If you must put makeup at all, opt for light and blendable foundations that you can apply only where needed. Well-defined brows to frame your face, mascara to open up your eyes, and some lip color are all you need and your day look is good to go.
But if you still feel the need to glam up for the mosh pit in the evening, you may add some coral blush or bronzer and earth-colored eye shadows. You may also thinly line your eyes to complete your look.
Now to make sure your makeup will last, here are our top picks for you.
My personal picks:
1. SPF: Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15
Splurge: Mesoestetic Ultimate W+ BB Cream with SPF 50
Save: Loreal True Match Super blendable liquid foundation SPF17
3. Setting Powder: Nichido’s Final Powder in So Natural
Splurge: MAC’s new waterproof brow collection: Fluidline Brow Gel Crème and Pro-Longwear waterproof brow set
Save: Eyebrow pencil from Nichido or The Body Shop
5. Mascara: Maybelline’s Hypercurl waterproof mascara
Splurge: Mac Dazzle glass lip gloss
Save: The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Tint
Save even more: Ever Bilena Lip Pencil
Top Pick: The Body Shop’s Lip & Cheek Tint
Other options: Powder blush or bronzer from MAC, Estee Lauder or Nichido
8. Eye Shadow: In2It Eye Shadow Palette in Island Sands
9. Eye Liner
Splurge: Waterproof gel liner from MAC or Maybelline
Save: Nichido waterproof liquid eyeliner
Here are celebrity stylist and beauty junkie Alyanna Martinez's beach essentials:
1. Tresemme hair mask to protect my hair from sea water when scuba diving.
2. Best sun block ever from Shiseido -- super long wearing, very water resistant and super high SPF. I never get sun burn when I use this.
3. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse multipurpose oil for face body and hair.
4. Avene mattifying fluid moisturizer.
5. Chanel les beiges powder for a natural all over healthy facial glow
6. Estee Lauder lipstick that also doubles as my creme blush.
7. Chapstick ultra lip balm with SPF 30 and Caudelie lip moisturizer.
8. Mili power bank when I'm out at sea or on the beach all day.
9. Goody stay put hair elastic to keep my Tokyo posh hair talk extensions away from my neck and face.
About the author: Filipina beauty queen, writer and media personality Barbie Salvador believes that fashion, fitness and lifestyle are vital life aspects that are not only fun and enjoyable, but are tools every Filipino needs to reach one’s peak potential.
Got a fashion, fitness or lifestyle question? ?#AskBarbie?