MANILA, Philippines - To encourage students to make their vacation more productive, the Department of Education is offering 150 jobs to high school and college students this summer.
In a statement, DepEd said it is accepting applications under its Special Program for the Employment of Students until March 28.
The program is open to students aged 15 to 25 years old.
"He/She must be enrolled this school year (in school) or if not, must have [an] intention to enroll next school year (out-of-school). The combined annual net income of both parents must not exceed P143,000 and that applicants must have passed all the subjects during the current school year," the agency said.
"Moreover, applicants must possess office skills, with priority given to those with computer-related skills," it added.
Students may submit their applications online via the Facebook page of DepEd's Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (CSCA).
Other requirements include:
- a 2 x 2 recent photo
- self-assessment form
- birth certificate
- income tax returns of both parents
- form 138 with fourth grading marks (for high school students)
- recent grades and school registration (for college students)
- grades before dropping out of school (for out-of-school youth)
- certificate of indigence (for out-of-school youth)
DepEd said CSCA will contact the qualified applicants via e-mail.