MANILA, Philippines -- Listeners can continue voting for their favorite entry to the 2013 edition of "Himig Handog," as the finals night of the songwriting competition nears.
Music fans can still pick their bets among the 12 finalists in the fifth edition of the country's premiere songwriting contest, dubbed "Himig Handog: P-Pop Love Songs."
Here are some of the ways listeners can vote for their favorite love song:
- Purchase a copy of "Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs" CD and fill out the enclosed voting card;
- Download any of the competing tracks from apple.com/itunes;
- Request a song entry to be played on radio stations Tambayan 101.9 or MOR;
- Cast an online vote via tfc.tv; or
- Request the music video of a competing song to be played on music channel MYX.
Votes for any of the 12 finalists will be accepted until noon of February 23.
Like previous editions of "Himig Handog", the competing entries were rendered by local recording artists and released commercially for a chance to be named this year's Grand Winner.
Winners and special awards will be announced on February 24 during the Grand Finals night at the SM Mall of Asia Arena.
"Himig Handog" is the Philippines' first interactive multimedia songwriting tilt launched by ABS-CBN in 2000, originally to pay tribute to the overseas Filipino workers.
Now on its 5th year, the songwriting competition paves the way for amateur and professional Filipino songwriters to showcase their talent creating music in any popular music genre or a fusion of known genres.