Dove's Real Beauty Sketches clip is the most popular ad in the Philippines for 2013, according to YouTube.
MANILA – Google’s YouTube announced on Friday the list of most successful online advertisements in the country this year based on views and audience retention.
In a statement, Google Philippines head of marketing Ryan Morales said the 2013 Ads Leaderboard “reflects the taste of the Filipino consumer.”
“What’s common about these ads is the ability to engage audiences the way advertising hasn’t been able to do,” Morales said.
According to Morales, 80% of the ten most popular ads in the Philippines are locally made.
“That’s a testament to the creativity of the Filipino advertising industry. Many of our practitioners create content that is best-in-class,” he said.
Below are the Top 10 most popular ads in the country:
1. Dove Real Beauty Sketches
2. Ramon Bautista vs. Parokya ni Edgar (Nescafe PH)
3. Ely Buendia, Rico Blanco, Raimund Marasigan and Barbie Almalbis collaborate (smartcorporate)
4. Iya Shines (Pantene Philippines)
5. Four Seasons Tang-Go with Ryzza! (Tang MNL)
6. Ramon Bautista, SmartNet Da Moves (smartcorporate)
7. Toffee’s Best Dog Bath Ever (Nestle Purina PH)
8. Introducing Samsung Galaxy S4 (Samsung Mobile)
9. Labels Against Women (Pantene Philippines)
10. Jessy Mendiola surprises Teng Brothers (McDonald’s PH)
Morales encouraged creative teams to “concentrate first on the story and the emotion you want to evoke and then exercise the freedom to relay the message using different tools and across different formats.”
“On the web you have the ability, through targeted advertising and measurement, to reach your desired user and learn through metrics how to successfully make better ads. Trust that if you make content that truly appeals to your intended viewers, you will find them and vice versa,” he said.
For her part, MRM Worldwide Manila creative director Lisa Sioson said she expects more powerful insights and less hard sell in ads this year.
“People go to YouTube to be entertained. More advertisers will realize that. Where viewers see the ad is just as important as the ad content itself,” Sioson said.