MANILA -- Marriott Manila always celebrates Christmas with panache and style -- from a life-sized gingerbread train at the lobby and the many merry treats available (for those Christmas giveaways) at the Marriot Café Bakery to gourmet-to-go options filled with good cheer and fine taste and lavish holiday buffet spreads.
Here’s a sneak peek of what’s available at Marriott Manila for this year's Christmas season.
1. From show-stopping gingerbread houses to bestselling chocolate Santas, gifts are yummy and easy at the Marriott Café Bakery. Hampers are also available featuring teas, cookies, chocolate and more.
But it’s not all about cookies though, as one can savor the season with some classic fruitcake and stolen, which are perennial favorites from the café.
2. If you’re not a fan of slaving over a stove for Christmas or New Year dinner, or if you’re wondering what to bring to your next potluck party, Marriott Manila’s gourmet food-to-go may be a godsend.
Imagine a picture-perfect roasted smoked bone-in leg of ham (7kg) with skin scored in a crispy crisscrossed pattern, surrounded by thyme roasted baby potatoes, a medley of sautéed organic vegetables (young corn, green beans, carrots, cauliflower), baked tomatoes Provencal, and a bacon and potato salad.
Sauce? There’s a garlic gravy, and for that Christmas touch, a pineapple sauce.
End this sumptuous meal with some homemade signature apple and pumpkin pies. All these for P5,500.
3. For a poultry option, Marriott’s gourmet food-to-go offers a P6,500 package with a roasted whole US turkey (6kg) in a rosemary maple flaze with classic stuffing as its main. Fix-ins include soft and buttery whipped potatoes, an organic market vegetable medley, sautéed brussels sprouts with bacon, wild mushroom and pine nuts rice pilaf, and penne pasta and sundried tomato salad.
The traditional cranberry sauce is included, as well as some mushroom gravy. Dessert are pecan and pumpkin pies.
4. Celebrate your Christmas and New Year in the Marriott as the Marriott Café offers leisurely options for brunch, lunch or Noche Buena dinner.
5. Marriott Manila’s Grand Countdown 2018 promises to be even bigger than last year. Tapping special guests Arnel Pineda, Lani Misalucha, and Darren Espanto to help usher in 2018, Marriot Manila’s trademark extravaganza is always a coveted ticket with five-star dining, a kid-zone full of activities for the young ones, and raffle prizes to be won.