Miriam Santiago's wisdom is not limited to politics or the academe. As her legions of fans have noticed, you can really learn a thing or two about life from the things she said.
Here's a look at some of Santiago's life lessons.
1. In finding your life partner, you must remember this.
Married for 45 years, Jun Santiago spoke only of love and admiration for his wife Miriam.
2. You have the ability to choose how your life will turn out.
3. You must live up to your potential.
4. You reap what you sow.
5. There are many sides to a story.
6. You must learn to care about people other than yourself.
7. You must appreciate your family. And yes, mothers know best.
8. You must have faith in yourself.
9. You must live life to the fullest while you still can.