No Filipino casualty in Japan tunnel collapse – DFA


Posted at Dec 03 2012 07:22 PM | Updated as of Dec 04 2012 03:22 AM

MANILA, Philippines - The Department of Foreign Affairs said there are no reports so far of any Filipino casualty when a highway tunnel collapsed in Japan on Sunday.

"So far, no reports of Filipino casualties," Foreign Affairs Spokesperson Raul Hernandez said. He added they are constantly coordinating with the Philippine Embassy in Tokyo.

Japanese authorities said they already found nine bodies in the rubble.