MANILA, Philippines - No Filipino has sought the government's help to be brought home from the Gaza Strip, a Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) official said Thursday.
DFA Assistant Secretary Raul Hernandez said the Filipinos working in the Palestinian territory may no longer feel at risk because a ceasefire has been enforced by Israel and Hamas.
"So far we don't have any Filipinos at this time who have signified their interest to be repatriated, or to be relocated or to be evacuated out of Gaza Strip," he said.
"They think that the ceasefire is holding and therefore they feel that they are no longer at risk at this time," he added.
Hernandez, however, said the DFA's alert level for Filipinos in the Gaza continues to require mandatory repatriation.
"The alert level that have declared in that area in Gaza Strip is alert level 4, which is mandatory repatriation. So we still encourage those who would like to be repatriated or to be evacuated, because this is the right time for them to leave the area, when there is calm and peace or relative peace in Gaza," he added.