Pinoy toddler dies from toxic pesticide in Dubai: report


Posted at Aug 15 2014 12:18 PM | Updated as of Aug 16 2014 10:59 AM

MANILA – A Filipina toddler recently died in a hospital days after allegedly being exposed to toxic pesticide in Dubai.

Online news report from www.emirates24/ did not disclose the name of the 3-year-old.

The website reported that another Filipino had earlier died from sniffing the highly toxic substance, which reportedly leaked into their apartment from a neighbor's flat.

Five others were also brought to the hospital after they fell ill from the toxic fumes.

The police said the fumes traveled to the Pinoy's apartment through the air conditioning ducts in the building.

The police noted the neighbor used Aluminum Phoshphide powder to get rid of rodents in his flat, before leaving for a vacation. The highly toxic substance is banned for domestic use.

Police have already arrested the tenant and three others in connection with the deaths.