MANILA – Twenty overseas Filipinos, whose inspiring stories of hope continue to make a difference in the lives of their families and communities, have been chosen as winners in the "Pamilya Ko, Buhay Ko" campaign in celebration of The Filipino Channel's 20 years of service.
Sponsored by TFC's remittance arm in the Philippines, E-MoneyPlus, Inc, through its brand myREMIT, the campaign was launched last year and searched the world for overseas Filipinos who have triumphed over adversity, built their dreams especially for their kapamilyas and paid it forward to others and their communities.
"Sifting through the entries was an inspiring yet emotionally tough job for the team. Reading through each story proved to be an even more daunting task as each of the OFs had a touching story to tell. We at TFC and myREMIT are glad we pursued this search and are humbled by these admirable OFs," said myREMIT Business Unite Head Raymund Abog.
The 20 winners who conveyed the values of love for family, diligence, hard work and generosity to others are the following:
1. Dacumos Siadan Jr., Saudi Arabia
2. Edwin Austria, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3. Leonardo Resco, Jubail, Saudi Arabia
4. Manuel Sanchez, Eastern Saudi Arabia
5. John Rosquillo, Abu Dhabi
6. Jenelyn Sayno, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
7. Robert Javier, Madina, Saudi Arabia
8. Michael Masancay, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
9. Jonald Olivo, United Arab Emirates
10. Baltazar Severl Cantiller, Asir Province, Saudi Arabia
11. Hinorato Bejoc of Damman, Saudi Arabia
12. Zenia Alaestante, United Kingdom
13. Reynaldo Lachica, United Kingdom
14. Ann Jean Lupian, Denmark
15. Audrey Lopez, Florida
16. Raquel Padilla, Canada
17. Grace Morizawa, California
18. Elizabeth Martin Malnegro, New York
19. Rhogyn Italia
20. Rey Celesio Subingsubing, Singapore
Over 200 overseas Filipino sent their entries and photos via TFC’s Facebook pages worldwide. Specifically, the winning entries were chosen based on how they were able to help their family, friends or communities in their own way and have become sources of inspiration to others. As part of their prize, each of the winners received P20,000 through myREMIT.
In addition, the winners are being featured every week on “TFC Connect's” Tuesday episodes until September on TFC worldwide.
Catch them on DZMM 630 and DZMM Teleradyo soon. TFC Connect and DZMM Teleradyo programs can be seen on TFC’s satellite, internet protocol (IPTV), mobile and online (TFC.tv) platforms worldwide. DZMM 630 can be heard on TFC’s platforms in the U.S.A. For more information on “Pamilya Ko, Buhay Ko,” stories of hope and inspiration supported by myREMIT,” visit http://bit.ly/TFCPamilyaKoBuhayKo.