10 beauties vie for Miss PH Quest USA crown
MANILA - Ten beautiful and talented Filipino-American ladies will be giving it their all to win the Miss Philippines Quest USA title on July 12 in New York.
The winner will represent the Filipino-American community in the 2014 Miss World Philippines pageant to be held in Manila on November.
The 10 candidates are:
- Alexa Kirby, 18-year-old high school graduate from Romansville, Pennsylvania;
- Norella Nacis, 24-year-old Miss Earth Philippines-Miss Friendship 2011 from Passaic, New Jersey;
- Isabella Estella, 24-year-old internationally educated public relations and marketing practitioner and filmmaker;
- Misook Mendoca, 20-year-old nursing student at Rutgers University in New Jersey;
- Jenica Balmes, 24-year-old B.S. Psychology graduate from Holy Family University in Pennsylvania;
- Melissa Ocampo, 24-year-old CBS Sports’ production assistant from Levittown, New York;
- Erin Manansala, 19-year-old freshman at Fairleigh Dickinson University from Garfield, New York;
- Shina Lingat, 18-year-old upcoming criminal justice student at Farmingdale State University in Long Island, New York;
- Dominique Ivory, 22-year-old music and journalism student at Bergen Community College in New Jersey; and
- Danielle Savitsky, 19-year-old junior at Clarion University of Pennsylvania
The event will be hosted by former beauty queen Bessie Badilla and feature special performances by Fil-Am artists Anthea, Roberto Villanueva, and Eric G. Cory Quirino will also be a special judge.
The winner will win a round-trip ticket to the Philippines, plus an allowance of $1,000. She will also don a stunning evening gown, courtesy of One.10 Collection, during the Miss World Philippines’ competition in Manila.
Meanwhile, Facebook users may now vote for their favorite candidates on MISS PHILIPPINES QUEST USA FB page until July 12 at 12:01 a.m. EST.