LOS ANGELES - An emotional Melissa Roxas led a protest outside the Los Angeles Philippine Consulate on Wednesday night.
Roxas claims she was abducted and tortured by Philippine military in May 2009.
Earlier this week, the Philippines Commission on Human Rights (CHR), ruled that there was not enough evidence to put the blame on the Philippine Army for her abduction.
The CHR also ruled that the communist group New People's Army, whom they believe Roxas is a part of, may have staged her abduction.
“It gives me a lot of strength to fight and continue with this struggle and we will never stop to demand for justice for all victims of human rights violations in the Philippines,” said Roxas.
“We have no doubt in our minds the military is responsibility and how the CHR came to this conclusion makes us wonder are they protecting the Philippine military or are they protecting human rights?” said Bayan member Kuusela Hilo.
Activists have sent open letters to both President Aquino and CHR chair Loretta Rosales calling for justice. They are exploring other ways to seek justice.
Activists threaten they would formally call for the resignation of Philippine officials if they do not see progress on this case.
Click here for more stories from Balitang America