MANILA – The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Saturday said it has not received reports of Filipinos injured or affected by the massive quake in China so far.
DFA spokesman Raul Hernandez added that the Philippine consulate-general in Chongqing is monitoring development in the aftermath of the tremor.
“The 7.0 earthquake in China’s Sichuan province hit Lushan county of Ya’an City & was strongly felt in capital Chengdu. It was also felt in Guizhou, Shaanxi, Yunnan & Chongqing. As of noontime, there were no reports of Filipinos injured or affected by the quake. The Philippine consulate general in Chongqing will continue to monitor developments,” Hernandez said on his Twitter account.
The earthquake left at least 71 people dead and more than 2,000 injured. Numerous aftershocks were also recorded.