MANILA – If you're an engineer or a doctor, then your profession is among the list of highest paying jobs abroad.
According to JobStreet.com's Salary Report for Overseas Jobs, oil and gas engineers in the managerial level are the highest paid workers abroad, earning an average of P186,000 per month.
In comparison, oil and gas engineers in the supervisor level earns an average monthly income of P88,000, while its counterpart in the entry level position of junior executive position get paid an average of P59,000 a month.
"The salaries are based on the jobs postings on our website. They are salaries na nangaling sa mga employers themselves. We gathered them together and average them," said Yolanda Buyco, JobStreet.com marketing director.
JobStreet.com said OFWs working as doctors earn as much as P124,000 in the supervisor level while those junior physicians with 1 to 4 years' experience receive a basic salary of P73,000 a month.
Nurses, for its part, are also on the Top 10 List of Highest Paid Junior Executives working abroad, earning an average of P46,000 per month.
Below is Top 10 List of Highest Paid Overseas Jobs (Managers, Supervisor and Junior Executives) :
1. Oil & Gas Engineers- P186,913/month
(Site managers, engineer managers, projects managers etc.)
2. Civil/Construction/Structural engineers – P181,841/month
(Structural engineers, design managers, urban planning managers etc.)
3. Hotel Management/Tourism Services - P175,573
(Hotel general managers, housekeeping managers, assistant guest managers etc.)
4. General Engineers- P169,667/month
(Project managers, technical managers, senior safety managers etc.)
5. Electrical Engineers - P167,617/month
(Electrical engineers/managers, power plant managers, team managers etc.)
6. Marketing and Business Development - P152,583/month
(Marketing managers, brand managers, outlet managers etc.)
7. Architecture/interior design - P149,912/month
(Project managers, senior scale model makers, design managers etc.)
8. Finance/Cost Accounting - P126,342/month
(Finance managers, finance and admin managers etc.)
9. Machine Repair & Maintenance - P121,845/month
(Facilities managers, maintenance managers, equipment section managers etc.)
10. Food & Beverage - P108,507/month
(Sous chef, restaurant kitchen mangers, assistant fast food managers etc.)
1. Doctor/Diagnosis - P124,699/month
(OB gyne, Endocrinologist, plastic surgeon etc.)
2. Banking & Finance Services - P113,048/month
(Finance consultant, branch supervisor, analyst etc.)
3. Oil & Gas Engineering - P88,868/month
(Safety supervisor, senior piping designer, senior drilling engineer etc.)
4. Finance/Cost Accounting - P87,662/month
(Senior accountant, management accounting supervisor, financial analyst etc.)
5. Education - P87,301/month
(Senior librarian, professor (respiratory therapy, medical ultrasonography technology etc.)
6. Electronics & Communications Engineer - P82,119/month) (Electronics and communications engineer, transmission engineer etc.)
7. General Engineer - P81,505/month
(Senior product engineer, factory engineer, planning engineer etc.)
8. IT/Software - P80,672/month
(Senior VB net developer, IT systems analyst, lead software engineer etc.)
9. Database/Network Administrator - P78,920/month
(Training project coordinator, Oracle database field application etc.)
10. Chemical Engineering - P78,459/month
(Lab chemist, plant supervisor, lab supervisor etc.)
JUNIOR EXECUTIVES/ENTRY LEVEL POSITION:
1. Doctor - P73,403/month
(General practitioners, optometrists, veterinarian etc.)
2. Aviation - P69,435/month
(Tutors in aviation, logistics, aircraft mechanic, airport representative etc.)
3. Banking & Finance - P63,063/month
(General accountant, assistant controller, cost asset officer etc.)
4. Oil & Gas Engineer - P59,305/month
(Design engineer, shaker man, derrick man etc.)
5. IT Software - P56,655/month
(Business system analyst, software engineer, IT programmer etc.)
6. Education - P53,450/month
(Instructor in IT, swimming; English tutor etc.)
7. Quantity Surveying - P50,022/month
(HVAC quantity surveyor, cost estimator, statistician etc.)
8. Database/Network Administrator - P48,479/month
(Network installer, IT document controller, IT staff etc.)
9. Human Resources - P46,183/month
(Compensation and benefits specialist, recruitment officer, payroll analyst etc.)
10. Nurse/Medical Assistant - P46,049
(X-ray technician, nurse, nursing aide etc.)
JobStreet.com said the list of overseas jobs with the highest salaries has been determined using the average salary of all specializations per position level, based on actual salaries posted by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA)-licensed agencies on the online recruitment company from January 1 to December 31, 2013.
Last year, there are 1.5 million Filipino workers deployed in different parts of the world. The POEA said the Top 10 destinations are Saudi Arabia, UAE, Singapore, Hong Kong, Qatar, Kuwait, Taiwan, Malaysia, Bahrain, and Italy.
"Make sure you check out the agency and the job you are applying for. JobStreet.com and POEA have joined forces to help aspiring overseas Filipinos to prepare for life overseas," said Buyco.