MANILA - Renzo Lopez, 20, was scheduled for a job interview last Thursday. But by that time, he had already been missing for two days after he was allegedly abducted in Quezon City.
According to his partner, 18-year-old Kate Olili, Lopez was last seen last week, Tuesday night (March 14), along IBP Road, Batasan Hills after buying medicine for their 2-year-old son who had a fever.
Olili said bystanders who witnessed the incident told them that Lopez was forced by men with short firearms and wearing bonnets into a gray or dirty-white van that had no license plate.
"Andami pong nakakita sa labas nu'ng gabi na 'yun na kinuha siya ng van... ng mga naka-bonnet po," she told ABS-CBN News on Monday.
(A lot of people outside saw how he was taken into a van by men wearing bonnets that night.)
Olili said, after buying the needed medicine for their child, Lopez told him that he would just go out to check on his brother who had been helping him look for work.
She said her partner was waiting for a job interview that week before he went missing.
"Nagpaalam lang siya mga bandang 10:30 p.m., pagtapos niya pong maglinis ng bahay, nagpaalam siya na, 'Hon, matulog ka na. Lalabas lang ako saglit, sisilip lang ako kay Kuya Mark sa (basketball) court,'" she said.
(He approached me at around 10:30 p.m. after he finished cleaning the house. He told me, 'Hon, I'll just go see Kuya Mark at the basketball court.')
Just a few minutes after Lopez went out, Olili recalled, a friend of his partner came rushing to their house to deliver the bad news: "Dinampot si Renzo! Dinampot si Renzo!"
Olili said she can't think of any reason why anyone would want to abduct Lopez, as he has no record of getting into trouble. She added that her partner had been busy taking care of their son at home for several days while she had been working.
"Di na po siya lumalabas that time. Lagi na po siyang nasa bahay, bantay po sa anak ko. Noon lang siya lumabas ng bahay kasi pabalik-balik sa drugstore para bumili ng gamot ng anak ko," she said.
(He hadn't been going out of the house that time. He'd been staying at home looking after our son. It just so happened that our son was sick so he had to go out and buy medicine at the drugstore.)
Lopez's siblings, Mark and Dahlia, were able to report the incident to the Quezon City Police District Station 6 the same night it happened.
But, until now, Dahlia said they have not received any significant updates.
She added that they were able to talk to people who witnessed the incident, but these witnesses are afraid and not keen on giving statements to authorities.
ABS-CBN News tried to reach Chief Insp. Sandie Caparoso, Quezon City Police District Station 6 Commander, but he was unavailable for an interview, as of posting.
According to the family, Lopez was wearing a pair shorts and a shirt with red stripes when he went missing. Those who have information on his whereabouts may contact the family via 09276441971.
The Lopez family set up a Facebook Page, "Help us Find Renzo," for those who may have relevant information on the case.