'MasterChef PH' down to 11 contestants
|MasterChef Pinoy Edition. File photo
MANILA, Philippines -- The reality cooking show "MasterChef Pinoy Edition" is now down to 11 contestants after Lito "Tolits" Dulva was voted out from the competition.
Dulva, 34, a police officer from Sorsogon, failed to impress the chef-judges including the show's host Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo with his own version of the empanada.
"Ang hindi ko makakalimutan kaming mga magkakasama sa 'MasterChef' ay nakapag-invest talaga ng samahan at alam ko 'yung samahan na 'yon ay hindi matatapos sa 'MasterChef' na ito. Matapos man ang 'MasterChef' na ito magkaroon man ng Season 2, Season 3 malamang 'yung na-invest naming samahan na pagkakaibigan siguro hanggang sa pagtanda namin ay dala-dala namin," Dulva said after the elimination.
Left to compete for the P1-million cash prize are:
1. Carla Marcaida, 40, a businesswoman from Bulacan
2. Betty Bais, 43, a house helper from Cebu
3. Mac Serrano, 29, an ex-seaman from Tarlac
4. JR Royol, 29, a band vocalist from Benguet
5. Reggie Apolinario, 30, a call center agent from Laguna
6. Gian Espadera, 20, a Human Resource Management student from Davao
7. Myra Santos, 31, an accounting associate from Muntinlupa
8. Maureen Angala, 33, a housewife from Muntinlupa
9. Ivory Yat, 26, a nurse from Quezon City
10. Ronnel Torres, 30, a sari-sari store owner from Pampanga
11. Lilibeth Nicolas, 31, a house helper from Quezon City
"MasterChef Pinoy Edition" airs weekdays before the hit daytime soap"Be Careful With My Heart," while "MasterChef Saturdish Edition" with Melai Cantiveros and former "Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition 4" housemates Joj and Jai Agpangan airs every Saturday.