| MasterChef Pinoy Edition. File photo
MANILA, Philippines -- The reality cooking show "MasterChef Pinoy Edition" is now down to 12 contestants after Melissa Gutierrez made a voluntary exit from the culinary contest on Wednesday.
A marketing director from Quezon City, Gutierrez, who at 51 is the oldest contestant "MasterChef Pinoy Edition," left the competition due to health reasons.
"Si Mommy Melissa ay tuluyan ng umalis sa MasterChef kitchen. Nagtanggal na siya ng kanyang puting apron," the show's host Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo announced on Wednesday's episode.
Below are the 12 finalists who are left to compete for the P1-million cash prize.
1. Carla Marcaida, 40, businesswoman from Bulacan
2. Betty Bais, 43, house helper from Cebu
3. Mac Serrano, 29, ex-seaman from Tarlac
4. Lito Dulva, 34, police officer from Sorsogon
5. Reggie Apolinario, 30, call center agent from Laguna
6. Gian Espadera, 20, Human Resource Management student from Davao
7. Myra Santos, 31, accounting associate from Muntinlupa
8. Maureen Angala, 33, housewife from Muntinlupa
9. Ivory Yat, 26, nurse from Quezon City
10. Ronnel Torres, 30, sari-sari store owner from Pampanga
11. Lilibeth Nicolas, 31, house helper from Quezon City
12. JR Royol, 29, band vocalist from Benguet
"MasterChef Pinoy Edition" airs on weekdays before the hit daytime soap"Be Careful With My Heart."
Meanwhile, "MasterChef Saturdish Edition" with Melai Cantiveros and former "Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition 4" housemates Joj and Jai Agpangan airs every Saturday.