|Actress Claudine Barretto. File photo
MANILA, Philippines – Following the incident wherein actress Claudine Barretto failed to withdraw money from her joint bank account with husband Raymart Santiago, entertainment writer Ricky Lo said he has received a report that the two have already separated.
In Lo’s column "Funfare" in The Philippine Star on Thursday, he wrote that "the couple (Barretto and Santiago), married en grande at the Tagaytay Highlands only five years ago, has been separated for two months now."
This is not the first time Barretto and Santiago faced this kind of controversy.
Last year, the couple denied reports of their separation, which were supposedly triggered by a rumor about Barretto’s alleged extramarital affair with Martin Castro.
Barretto's bank incident
According to Lo’s source, Barretto’s decision to withdraw money last October 25 from her joint account with Santiago was due to a “woman’s intuition.”
Barretto reportedly came home on Tuesday and realized that her husband’s cars were missing, so she immediately called her lawyer to withdraw the P5 million in their account.
As for the cause of Barretto’s breakdown, Lo’s source narrated what happened.
“The bank branch manager told them to wait while he prepared a manager’s check because, they were told, the amount was too big. After waiting for 30 to 40 minutes, Claudine and her lawyer asked why it was taking the branch manager so long to issue the check, only to be informed that the account had ‘zero balance.’ That’s when Claudine broke down.”