John asked Isabel thrice before she said, 'Yes!'
MANILA -- It was the culmination of over two months of preparation.
Last Wednesday, actor John Prats made headlines when he surprised his girlfriend of over a year, Isabel Oli, with a wedding proposal featuring a 350-member flash mob at Eastwood Mall in Quezon City.
As seen in a minute-long video, which was released Sunday by Nice Print Photography, a clueless Oli was moved to tears by the surprise.
According to Nice Print on its Facebook page, it will release on October 4 an extended version of the video featuring Prats' preparations for the grand proposal.
Oli was led to believe by Prats' sister, Camille, that they were having a regular night-out. The actress was eventually escorted to the plaza, where a message from Prats was projected on a big screen mounted on one of the buildings.
After the message was shown, Prats emerged to lead the flash mob.
In an interview on "The Buzz" that aired Sunday, Oli said, at that point, it had yet to dawn on her that Prats was going to propose marriage. She said she tried to recall whether it was their anniversary, but realized that they had already celebrated it in January.
Oli said Prats had always told her that when he does propose marriage, it would only be the two of them, explaining why she did not expect the actor to pop the question at the end of the flash mob.
When Prats knelt to offer the ring, Oli was trembling and couldn't seem to register what he asked her, the actor recalled. Prats had to ask the question thrice before Oli could finally respond.
His first question, Prats said, was: "Puwede bang ikaw na ang maging Mrs. Prats ng buhay ko?" The second: "Wifey, ano, will you marry me?" On his third time asking, Prats said: "Mag-iisip ka pa ba?"
Oli finally answered, "Yes, sobra!"
This triggered a fireworks display, which, according to Prats, had Oli asking if it was part of the surprise or merely coincided with their getting officially engaged.
The couple is planning to hold the wedding in April or May 2015.