After brawl, Matteo will 'bond' at Star Magic Ball

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Aug 31 2012 10:03 PM | Updated as of Sep 01 2012 06:03 AM

MANILA, Philippines – A year after he figured in a brawl at the same event, actor Matteo Guidicelli said he is looking forward to spending time with his fellow Kapamilya talents in the upcoming Star Magic Ball.

Matteo Guidicelli. File photo

Held annually, the much-awaited ball brings together contract artists and up-and-comers from the stable of talents of Star Magic, ABS-CBN's talent management arm.

"It's very exciting. Star Magic ball tomorrow, after a year, it's going to happen again, and it's a very exciting event," Guidicelli told ABS-CBN News on Friday.

"It's one of the events na magkakasama kaming lahat na mga Star Magic talents, mga directors, mga staff, everybody in one event," added the Kapamilya actor, who will wear a suit designed by Francis Libiran to the ball on Saturday.

Going solo

Quizzed on whether he will be attending the gathering with a date, Guidicelli said he will be in the company of his fellow cast members in the upcoming "Precious Hearts Romances" series "Isla."

"Wala akong date ngayon. I'm going with the group of my soap, 'yung 'Isla' group. Sama-sama kami lahat doon," said Guidicelli, who recently confirmed his breakup with actress Maja Salvador, with whom he remains friends.

"Maja and I are good. We're good, we're friends. For sure magkikita kami bukas, no problem," he said.

Salvador had admitted to being the cause of the controversial fistfight between Guidicelli and fellow Star Magic talent Coco Martin during last year's ball. The publicized altercation was quickly resolved, however, as both parties were quick to apologize for the "misunderstanding."

"Two events lang sa isang year na nagkakasama kaming mga Star Magic talents. 'Yung Star Magic Ball, 'yung Star Magic Sportsfest, so magiging masaya, parang bonding 'to, isang malaking pamilya," Guidicelli said.