LOOK: 60 Kapamilya stars in 'Most Beautiful' list
Angelica Panganiban and Angel Locsin are listed under 'Critics' Choice' and 'TV Queens,' respectively, in YES! magazine's 100 Most Beautiful Stars special. Star Cinema
MANILA - Sixty of the 100 celebrities in the "Most Beautiful Stars" special by showbiz magazine YES! are Kapamilya artists, including pop star Sarah Geronimo, who topped the list for her achievements and her "quiet sophistication and confidence."
The list, according to YES! editor-in-chief Jo-Ann Maglipon, is "crafted over a period of time often peppered with discussions, requests, and negotiations, and concluded with, we like to believe, fair play."
Maglipon noted that while the list is "personal," being the final choice of the magazine's entire team, "it is not born of private whimsy, bratty favoritism, or hidden dislike."
Some of the rules YES! agreed upon in picking a star is that he/she (in the Maglipon's words):
- is on the radar today or marked for entertainment spotlight one day soon;
- adds glitter or gravitas to the local scene, by way of a magnetic personality or the presence, or promise, of talent;
- is conventionally pretty or a real maverick, whom everyone heralds as a god or goddess or one who upsets all standards set by society's tradional arbiters of looks;
- comes onto the scene already with stunning genes, or stuns everyone with the discipline and drive to keep looking gorgeous;
- keeps us riveted, dangling before us unexpected moments of joy, onsceen or onstage; and
- simply puts a smile on our faces.
Among the ABS-CBN stars who made the list was Angel Locsin, who was dubbed a "TV Queen." All five listed under "Blockbuster Queens" were similarly Kapamilya -- Kris Aquino, Vice Ganda, Toni Gonzaga, Bea Alonzo, and Kim Chiu.
Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla are both list under 'Primetime Big Hitters.' ABS-CBN
Julia Montes and Kathryn Bernardo, who shared the top spot in last year's Most Beautiful list, were included this time as "Primetime Big Hitters," alongside Maja Salvador. Under "TV Draw" were Anne Curtis, Jessy Mendiola, Erich Gonzales, and Shaina Magdayao.
ABS-CBN leading men who got in include Arjo Atayde (Newbies), Paulo Avelino, Jake Cuenca, Enchong Dee (TV Draw), Gerald Anderson, Enrique Gil (Heartthrobs), Coco Martin (Critics' Choice), JC de Vera (Comebacking), Richard Yap (Daytime King), and Daniel Padilla (Primetime Big Hitters).
For bringing the "Heat," Zanjoe Marudo, Joseph Marco, and Sam Milby were also included. Listed as "Blockbuster Kings," meanwhile, were Xian Lim, John Lloyd Cruz, and Piolo Pascual.
John Lloyd Cruz is listed under 'Blockbuster Kings.' Star Cinema
Here is the full list of YES! magazine's Most Beautiful Stars of 2014:
Louise delos Reyes
Ryzza Mae Dizon
Gelli de Belen
JC de Vera
DAYTIME QUEEN & KING
Jodi Sta. Maria
John Lloyd Cruz
PRIMETIME BIG HITTERS
FIT & FAB
Angelika dela Cruz
Judy Ann Santos
Cheska and Doug Kramer
Jericho Rosales and Kim Jones
Drew Arellano and Iya Villania
Rachelle Ann Go
Julie Anne San Jose