Judy Ann regrets shelved soap with Richard Yap

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jul 25 2016 09:21 PM

Richard Yap and Judy Ann Santos pose for a photo during the launch of "Someone To Watch Over Me" last year. Handout photo

MANILA -- Judy Ann Santos regrets that her television project "Someone To Watch Over Me" with Richard Yap was shelved after she became pregnant last year. 


"But you know I am very much grateful that Dreamscape allowed me to rest," Santos told reporters in a recent interview. "Naintindihan nila 'yung kalagayan ko, nandiyan lang sila naghihintay."

At the same time, however, Santos said she doesn't think the concept of the series still fits her at this point in her life.

"Kasi siyempre nagbabago ang panahon, nagbabago ang gustong panoorin ng mga tao," Santos explained.

"Maybe in due time magkakaroon kami ng chance na magkasama kami ni Richard. Siguro hindi lang ito ang tamang project for us. Hindi ba alam mo 'yon, may mga message kung minsan na nangyayari sa atin na it happens for a reason," she added.

"Someone to Watch Over Me" tells the story of an NBI agent (Santos) who meets a business tycoon played by Yap. The soap was also supposed to star Diether Ocampo, Eddie Garcia, and Tirso Cruz III when it was first announced.

In the meantime, Santos hopes she could return to doing television work next year.

"Ayaw ko ding i-pressure ang sarili ko, hindi ko din ma-pressure ang waistline ko," she joked. "Siguro next year, maybe."