Kris Aquino and Coco Martin. Composite image
MANILA - Coco Martin considers his upcoming film with Kris Aquino a dream project, calling the actress a "queen" in the genre they will tackle.
The "Ikaw Lamang" actor and Aquino will co-star in a sequel to the 2011 horror film "Feng Shui," which also starred the actress and went on to become one of the highest grossing local movies of all time.
The sequel, still under the direction of Chito Rono, has been submitted for consideration as one of the competing entries in this year's Metro Manila Film Festival.
Martin was asked about his involvement in the project Thursday on the sidelines of a thanksgiving party for his latest film "Maybe This Time," which has so far grossed P133 million.
"Ako kasi, sabi ko nga, isa sa mga pangarap ko na makatrabaho siya (Aquino). Siyempre, pag sinabi mong horror, ang unang-una sa akin... Siyempre, sino ba 'yung reyna diyan? Kumbaga kanino bang forte 'yan? Sabi ko talaga, si Ms. Kris Aquino," he said.
Owing to a string of successful horror films she top-billed -- "Sukob," "Dalaw," and "Segunda Mano," among others -- Aquino is dubbed local showbiz's "Queen of Horror Movies."
"Atsaka isa talaga ako sa mga fans ng 'Feng Shui' noon," Martin continued. "Lalung-lalo na, naalala ko nga, hindi ko siya mapanood mag-isa. Kaya kung makakagawa ako, sana magkaroon ng 'Feng Shui 2.'"
Relating how plans for a sequel came about, Martin said he candidly mentioned the idea to Aquino, who instantly got on board.
"Hindi naman totally ako nag-propose. Kumbaga, pangarap ko lang talaga. Gusto ko gumawa ng horror movie and naisip ko lang. And then noong nagkita kami, binanggit ko lang sa kanya," he said.
"Sabi ko, 'Ms. Kris, bakit hindi natin gawin 'yung Feng Shui 2?' Sabi niya, 'Oo nga, 'no? Ten years na 'yun. Bakit 'di natin gawin?'"