Karylle attends prestigious TV awards in Europe
|Photo by Danny Cabellon, ABS-CBN Europe Bureau, Monte Carlo
MONACO, Monte Carlo -- She may have lost in the best actress race, but it was still a dream come true for Kapamilya singer-actress Karylle to walk the red carpet at the 52nd Festival De Television de Monte-Carlo.
Karylle was nominated in the Monte-Carlo TV Festival, in one of Europe’s most prestigious television awards, for Best Actress for TV Series-Drama for her role in the multi-million dollar Singaporean production, "The Kitchen Musical."
Denmark's Mille Dinesen won the Best Actress-Drama award for "Rita."
"Dahil nandito ang mga kababayan natin, nakakataba ng puso, nakaka-iyak ng konti. It has always been my dream to be in 'The Kitchen Musical' but this is beyond my wildest dreams," she told ABS-CBN Europe during the awarding ceremonies on Friday.
During the festival, which ran from June 10-14, Karylle had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet the honorary president of the festival, H.S. M. Prince Albert II of Monaco.
She was also invited to an exclusive dinner at the palace, where she hobnobbed with television royalty and Hollywood A-listers.
"Kahapon pa ako tanong ng tanong, ano bang ginagawa ko dito sa Monaco sa Princess Palace with the princess, prince, with Hollywood stars and, of course, my castmates from 'The Kitchen Musical.' Siyempre, nakaka-proud na may representative tayo from Asia," she said.
Karylle was overwhelmed by the support of Pinoys in Monaco, who lined up the red carpet to see her and wish her good luck.
"Sa mga Pinoy dito sa Monaco, sa France, sa buong Europa sana makabalik ako dito for a concert, so kita-kita tayo ulit," said Karylle.
The "Golden Nymph" trophies were handed out to international TV productions at the Grimaldi Forum.
Below is full list of winners at the awards ceremony:
- Best Television Film: "The Last Fine Day," Hager Moss Film (Germany)
- Best Director (TV Film): Masato Harada for "Early Autumn" (Japan)
- Outstanding Actor (TV Film): Woody Harrelson for "Game Change" (USA)
- Outstanding Actress (TV Film): Christine Neubauer for "Hanna's Decision" (Germany)
- Best Mini-Series: "Yasu - A Single Father's Story," NHK (Japan)
- Outstanding Actress (Mini-Series): Emily Watson for "Appropriate Adult" (UK)
- Outstanding Actor (Mini-Series): Julien Boisselier for "Henry of Navarre" (Germany)
- Best News Documentaries: "Terror Island," TV2 Norway (Norway) and "Bahrain: Shouting In The Dark," Al Jazeera English (Qatar)
- Best TV News Item: "Inside News," Sky News (UK)
- Best 24-Hour News Program: "The Fall of Tripoli," Sky News (UK)
- Outstanding International Producer (Comedy): Christopher Lloyd and Steve Levitan for "Modern Family" (USA)
- Outstanding Actress (Comedy): Tina Fey for "30 Rock" (USA)
- Outstanding Actor (Comedy): Jason Priestley for "Call Me Fitz" (USA)
- Outstanding European Producer (Comedy): Joey Faré for "Kaboul Kitchen" (France)
- Outstanding International Producer (Drama): David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Frank Doelger, Carolyn Strauss for "Game of Thrones" (USA)
- Outstanding Actress (Drama): Mille Dinesen for "Rita" (Denmark)
- Outstanding Actor (Drama): Henning Baum for "The Last Cop" (Germany)
- Outstanding European Producer (Drama); Guido De Angelis, Nicola De Angelis, Ciaran Donnelly for "Titanic Blood & Steel" (Italy)
- International TV Audience Awards:
- Best Drama TV Series: "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (USA)
- Best Comedy TV Series: "Desperate Housewives" (USA)
- Best Soap Opera: "The Bold and the Beautiful" (USA)
- The Special Prize of Prince Rainier III: "Dirty Waters," Folke Ryden Production AB (Sweden)
- Urti Prize - Grand Prix for Author's Documentaries: "Sayome," ERT (Greece)
- Amade Prize Correspondent: "Women in Kabul," SVT (Sweden)
- Prize of the International Committee of the Red Cross
- Irak: "Les Enfants Sacrifiés de Falluja," Baozi Prod (France)
- Signis Prize: "The Last Fine Day," Hager Moss Film (Germany)
- Prize of the Monaco Red Cross: "Hanna's Decision," Wega FilmProduktionsGESMBH (Germany)
-- With Danny Cabellon, Monaco, Monte Carlo