MANILA, Philippines – Queen of All Media Kris Aquino and comedian-host Vice Ganda are set to co-star on the big screen for the first time.
|Queen of All Media Kris Aquino. File photo
Almost a decade after starring in “So Happy Together” in 2004, Aquino is set to take on comedy anew as she teams up with Vice Ganda for “Sisteraka,” film production outfits Star Cinema and Viva Film’s joint entry to the 38th Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF).
The earlier announced love quadrangle-starrer “One More Try,” top-billed by actresses Angel Locsin, Angelica Panganiban and actors Dingdong Dantes and Zanjoe Marudo, is another Star Cinema entry to the annual filmfest.
The complete list of entries to the 38th MMFF are as follows:
- Conyo Problems (Comedy) – GMA Films
- El Presidente (Action) – Scenema Concept International, Inc.
- Mga Kwento ni Lola Basyang (Family Adventure) – Unitel Productions, Inc./ TV5
- One More Try (Romance/Drama) – Star Cinema
- Shake, Rattle and Roll 14 (Horror) – Regal Entertainment, Inc.
- Si Agimat, si Enteng Kabisote and Me (Fantasy/Action) – Octoarts Films, M-Zet Productions, Imus Productions, APT Entertainment, GMA Films
- Sisteraka (Comedy) – Star Cinema/Viva Films
- The Strangers (Horror/Suspense) – Quantum Films
Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) chairman Francis Tolentino has also announced the inclusion of the Independent Films category, and the Cinephone category, where works of student-filmmakers will be showcased.
The MMDA aims to surpass the P636 million earned in last year’s MMFF. The earnings will benefit film organizations including the Anti-Piracy Council and the Movie Workers Welfare Council. -- with a report from Pia Gutierrez, ABS-CBN News