Tulfos barred from going near Claudine, Raymart


Posted at May 24 2012 05:46 PM | Updated as of May 25 2012 07:07 AM

MANILA, Philippines -- Celebrity couple Raymart Santiago and Claudine Barretto have been granted a temporary protection order (TPO) against three broadcast journalists who allegedly threatened them on national television.

On Thursday, Santiago and Barretto, who sought protection from brothers Ben, Raffy and Erwin Tulfo last May 11, were granted a TPO against brothers Ben, Raffy and Erwin Tulfo by the Regional Trial Court of Quezon City Branch 219, the couple's lawyer Atty. Alex Avisado said.

This, after the Tulfo brothers, on their television program “T3: Kapatid, Sagot Kita," hurled invectives and threats at Santiago and Barretto for allegedly mauling their brother, Mon Tulfo, at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 early this month.

"Pursuant to the TPO, the Chief of the Philippine National Police was ordered to designate the necessary security personnel to the petitioner spouses," Avisado said in a text message to ABS-CBN News.

"In the same order, the respondents Ben, Raffy and Erwin Tulfo, their aides and security men were ordered not to do any harm nor approach the petitioners and their immediate family within 500 meters," he added.

The on-air tirades by the brothers had earlier prompted the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) to impose a 20-day preventive suspension on the show, made effective on May 10.

The Tulfos, only days after the on-air threats, later apologized to the public, saying their outburst was caused by a sudden rush of emotions over the incident.