Claudine's camp denies Raymart offered support

ABS-CBN News

Posted at May 22 2014 01:24 PM | Updated as of May 22 2014 09:24 PM

Claudine Barretto and Raymart Santiago. (Composite Photo)

MANILA – The camp of Claudine Barretto denied that the actress’ estranged husband, actor Raymart Santiago, attempted to send financial support for his children since August last year.

Last week, Santiago’s counsel, Atty. Ruth Castelo, said on “Aquino & Abunda Tonight” that the actor tried to offer financial support for his children Sabina and Santino but his offers were rejected.

In a statement given by Barretto’s lawyer, as published on showbiz website Philippine Entertainment Portal, Atty. Ferdinand Topacio said Santiago made no offers at any time.

“The statement of the camp of Mr. Raymart Santiago that they offered support but it was rejected, is pure unadulterated BS. There were no such offers at any time,” he said.

“If they are indeed serious, then we now demand support starting August 2013 up to the present at the rate which Mr. Santiago used to give before he left the conjugal abode, until such time that the court orders a different amount,” Topacio added.

Topacio said Santiago should “put his money where his mouth is.”

Barretto is currently embroiled in a legal battle against Santiago.

In Barretto's violence against women and children case against Santiago filed in August, the actress accused her husband of "physical, sexual, psychological and economic" abuse. These acts, Barretto said, date back to 2002.

The couple married in church rites in March 2006.

Aside from her legal battle against Santiago, Barretto also has a row with her sisters Marjorie and Gretchen.