ABS-CBN News

Kris to shoot 'Feng Shui' sequel with Coco Martin

Posted at | Updated as of 05/19/14 7:31 PM

Kris Aquino and Coco Martin. File Photo.

MANILA -- Actress-host Kris Aquino confirmed that she will be doing a sequel to her hit 2004 horror film "Feng Shui," which will also be directed by Chito S. Roño.

In an interview with reporters on Sunday, Aquino said the film will be an entry to this year's Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF).

"I think I'm also allowed to reveal already -- balik tambalan namin ni direk Chito Rono because 10 years after magbabalik ang 'Feng Shui,'" Aquino said.

"At pinakanakakakilig na part diyan ay first time na magssama namin sa movie ni Coco Martin," she added.

"Feng Shui" was the first in a series of horror hits that Aquino did for Star Cinema, earning her the tag "Box-office Horror Queen."

In the original movie, which earned more than P130 million at the box office when it was released, she played a wife who must save her family from a curse brought about by a "bagwa."

Aquino also starred in the horror movies "Sukob" and "Segunda Mano."

Last month, Aquino announced that "Feng Shui" is now available for download on iTunes after it was digitally remastered.