MANILA, Philippines – Actress Judy Ann Santos was careful in commenting about the airport brawl involving celebrity couple Claudine Barretto and Raymart Santiago, and journalist Mon Tulfo.
|Judy Ann Santos. File photo
Santos, who was earlier pitted against Barretto for the title of “Teleserye Queen,” hopes that the two parties can patch things up behind the camera.
“Actually pinag-aralan ko na ‘yan kagabi. Mahirap kasing magkomento sa isang bagay na very, very sensitive. Kapag sumagot ako baka sabihin in bad taste ako sumagot,” Santos said during a recent press event where she joined in awarding outstanding mothers.
“Sana maayos nang wala nang masaktan. Sana maayos pagdating ng panahon ng magandang usapan. It’s something na mase-settle behind the camera. We’ll just hope for the best,” she added.
Last Sunday, Tulfo used his mobile phone to record Barretto’s alleged scolding of airport staff over their missing luggage. Santiago then approached Tulfo to get his phone, and that is when the fight started.
Part of the incident, where the Santiagos and their companions were hitting Tulfo, was caught on video. It was posted on video sharing site YouTube.
Following the brawl, both camps of Santiago and Tulfo have filed cases against each other.
The Santiagos face charges of grave coercion and physical injury, while Tulfo faces charges of physical injury and child abuse.
Meanwhile, Santos said that she also had her share of unpleasant airport experiences.
"Normal lang ata 'yun ‘pag nasa Pilipinas ka -- bad airplane food, sa mga bagahe, naka-priority 'yung luggage mo pero huling huling lalabas tapos madami nang wala.
"So ginagawa ko na ngayon, hindi ko na nilalagyan ng tag 'yung bag ko. Kasi kapag nakalagay pa 'yung pangalan ko, imbes na nauuna, nahuhuli pa."
But the actress said she has yet to encounter any "major" incident.
"Wala naman major na insidente na nangyari sa akin o sa amin na naaalala ko pero so far, wala naman."