MANILA, Philippines – The mother of actor Albie Casiño has apologized to model Carlos Concepcion, whom she earlier accused of being one of the people who attacked her son in Makati City late Friday night.
|Rina Casiño, mom of actor Albie Casiño, says sorry to model Carlos Concepcion for accusing him of being one of the people who attacked her son in Makati last week.
In an statement sent to ABS-CBN News Monday night, Rina Casiño said she is sorry for “mentioning and accusing (Concepcion) as one of those who assaulted my son.”
Mrs. Casiño said she found out that Concepcion was at home at the time of the beating.
“Carlos Concepcion was at his home during the incident. It is deep regret that I mentioned him and caused damage to his good name and unnecessary stress to his family,” she said.
Earlier on Monday, Concepcion demanded a public apology from the camp of Casiño.
Concepcion reiterated that he has nothing to do with the beating incident.
“I am not involved in any way over the beating of Albie Casiño. I was not even in Fiamma that night, I was at home,” he said.
Concepcion said he can prove his whereabouts during the time of the incident. He also said he has never actually met Casiño.
Concepcion, meantime, thanked "TV Patrol" for airing his side on Monday regarding the much talked about brawl.
"Thank u @gretchenfullido for helping clear my name on tv patrol. I appreciate it. Too bad we speak again on such circumstances," he said on his Twitter account.
Aside from Concepcion, Casiño’s mother accused three other men -- Frank Magalona, Jeck-Jeck Lacson and Neil Arce – of assaulting her son.
Magalona has already denied involvement in the beating, while Lacson and Arce couldn't be reached as they were not answering their phones.
Magalona's mother, talent manager Pia Magalona, has called for a thorough investigation of the incident given the seriousness of the accusations.