Kris Aquino to shoot new horror movie
MANILA -- Actress-host Kris Aquino is set to do two movie projects, including another horror flick.
In her morning show "KrisTV" aired on Wednesday, Aquino revealed that she will be doing a horror film, as well as a romance.
"Yung isang gagawin ko ay horror. For sure ayaw mo dito kami mag-shoot," Aquino told Metro Manila Development Authority chairman Francis Tolentino while checking out the recently launched Pasig River ferry.
"O sige habang hindi pa tayo inuutusan na bawal pag-usapan 'yung movie ay pag-uusapan ko," Aquino added.
Aquino was once tagged as the country's "Box-office Horror Queen" after appearing in several hit horror films, starting with the 2004 movie "Feng Shui," which grossing P137.56 million at the box office.
This was followed by "Sukob," "Dalaw" and "Segunda Mano."
Last week, Aquino said she's hoping to do a movie with former Kapamilya actor Derek Ramsay.
In her official Instagram account, Aquino posted a photo of her, Ramsay, producer Lily Monteverde, host Boy Abunda and film director Erik Matti in what appears to be a dinner meeting.
The same photo was posted by Ramsay last May 1, with the caption: “It was nice to see and brainstorm with all these guys last night. Excited to start this new project.”
But in a late post, Aquino said it is still possible that the movie will not push through as she still has to get the approval of ABS-CBN executive Cory Vidanes.
Aquino had already turned down a movie project with Ramsay -- the independent movie "Maratabat (Dangal at Katarungan)" written by Arlyn dela Cruz -- because of her busy schedule.
Aside from her morning show "Kris TV," Aquino also co-hosts the primetime talk show "Aquino and Abunda Tonight" with Boy Abunda.
Her last movie was the Metro Manila Film Festival 2013 hit "My Little Bossings" with son Bimby.