'Hindi ako matitinag ng nino man'
MANILA - Deniece Cornejo urged Vhong Navarro to confess to sexually assaulting her in January, even if the Department of Justice (DOJ) junked last week her rape complaint against the actor-host.
The DOJ, in its resolution announced last Thursday, said the 22-year-old model was unable to provide a logical story to support her rape claim, given the evidence, which includes a CCTV footage of the condominium where the alleged incident took place.
Cornejo, along with 6 others, including businessman Cedric Lee, was also charged with grave coercion and serious illegal detention in relation to the mauling of Navarro last January 22, the same night Cornejo alleged she was raped by the actor.
She also claimed being raped by Navarro on January 17.
On Wednesday morning, Cornejo posted bail for the grave coercion charge at the Taguig Metropolitan Trial Court.
No warrants have yet been issued by the Taguig Regional Trial Court for the non-bailable offense of serious illegal detention.
Speaking with reporters shortly after posting bail, Cornejo was asked whether she will continue fighting for her allegations of rape, even as she faces possible imprisonment.
"Sabihin niyo na lahat ng masasakit, pero ang prinsipyo at paninindigan ko'y hindi matitinag ng nino man," Cornejo said.
When asked for her message to Navarro, Cornejo initially said she no longer had anything to say to the actor, but later called on Navarro to admit the alleged incidents of rape.
"Wala na akong masasabi. Baka makagawa pa po ako ng hindi maganda. Umamin na siya! Holy Week na ngayon, so lahat ng mga kasalanan niya, sabihin na niya!"
Cornejo reiterated that she is the victim in the controversial case, which has made headlines in the last three months, saying she doesn't deserve to be charged of crimes.
"Wala naman po akong kasalanan. Ako po ang biktima dito, so nahihirapan po ako, nasasaktan ako dahil ako mismo ang nagkakaroon ng mga kasong hindi ko deserve. 'Yun lang po."