MANILA, Philippines (1st UPDATE) -- The first nine teen housemates of “Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition 4” were revealed Sunday night at a disco-themed kick-off to celebrate the ‘70s decade when “Big Brother” was supposedly a teenager.
The disco-inspired opening, which featured performances by the “PBB Unlimited” Big Four and ex-housemates and the “Angelito: Batang Ama” cast, trended on the micro-blogging site Twitter, with the hashtag #PBBTeens4 topping the local trending topics, followed by the teen housemates names and monikers.
The hosts also made online buzz as Bianca Gonzalez trended worldwide and Robi Domingo in the Philippines.
Before last night’s pilot episode, identical twins Joj and Jai Apangan already entered the retro-designed PBB house and were immediately given an order by Big Brother that only one of them should be recognized as female by their fellow housemates.
The 17-year-old twins have been dubbed the “Double Biba of Bacolod.” Both like watching TV and reading pocketbooks and listed “The Vampire Diaries” and “Dahil sa Pag-ibig” as their favorite TV shows.
The remaining female housemates who have yet to enter the PBB house will be introduced on Monday.
7 male housemates
On Sunday, seven male housemates entered the PBB House. They are:
• Tom Doromal, 16. Dubbed the “Bukid Prince of Davao,” Doromal comes from a rich hacienda-owning family but nonetheless partakes in farm chores, including climbing coconut trees to pick coconuts, which are made into husks and copra. Doromal lists playing basketball as his hobby and likes watching cartoons “Ben 10” and “Super Strikers.” Although he isn’t fluent in Tagalog, he is determined to get along well with his fellow housemates.
• Roy Requejo, 18. Dubbed “Boy Sipag of Naga,” Requejo comes from a broken family and has worked as a garbage boy, construction worker and welder to provide for his siblings. He decided it would be better to discontinue his studies so he could work and help his family. He believes his strength and determination will help him stand out among the housemates.
• Ryan Boyce, 16. Dubbed the “Pilyong Binatilyo of Angeles,” the half-British Boyce is an aspiring football player, whose view of life changed when he got into an accident that almost cost him his dreams of playing football. He also describes himself as “pilyo” and said he admires the confidence of former PBB celebrity housemate Baron Geisler.
• Yves Flores, 18. The “Masunuring Son of Tarlac,” Flores said he makes it a point to get home early because he has a 7 p.m. curfew. He said he doesn’t mind the restrictions because he understands that this would also benefit him. The athletic “good boy” (he plays basketball, volleyball and badminton) said he joined “PBB” to help his sick grandfather.
• Alec Dungo, 18. The “Chinito Gwapito of Laguna” is a pharmacy student at the University of Santo Tomas and a campus heartthrob who has joined numerous provincial and school pageants. The Chinese-Filipino student tried out for “PBB” twice before and has finally fulfilled his dream of becoming a housemate.
• Vince Manlapaz, 16. Dubbed the “Bunsoy Tisoy of Rizal,” Manlapaz is an honor student who was raised by his grandmother and aunt, since his mother works abroad, while his father has another family. The youngest of three children, he said he isn’t spoiled and is one of the top students in his school, where he also writes for the campus magazine.
• Kit Thompson, 15. Dubbed “Kid Tangkad of Pampanga,” Thompson stands at a whopping 6-foot-1. His father hails from New Zealand, while his mother is a Filipina. A self-confessed former playboy, he said he misses his mother. He enjoys playing Frisbee and basketball.
“PBB Teen Edition 4” with Toni Gonzaga airs after “Dahil sa Pag-ibig” in ABS-CBN’s Primetime Bida block, while “PBB Teen Edition 4 Uber 2012” hosted by Gonzalez, Domingo and John Prats aurs after “Angelito: Batang Ama” in Kapamilya Gold. “PBB Teen Edition 4 Updates” with Domingo airs during “Angelito: Batang Ama” and “E-boy” on ABS-CBN.