Jodi Sta. Maria graces the red carpet event of the Myx Music Awards 2014 held at the Samsung Hall of SM Aura in Taguig City on Wednesday night. Photo by Sany Chua for ABS-CBNnews.com.
MANILA – Jodi Sta. Maria broke her silence on Wednesday to address those who criticize the extended run of her hit daytime series, “Be Careful With My Heart.”
At the sidelines of Myx Music Awards 2014, Sta. Maria said that while everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, she and the rest of the cast and crew are doing their best to entertain the viewers.
“I think everyone naman is entitled sa kanilang own opinion. If that’s the case, siguro I would like to apologize na rin if they feel that way pero we are really trying our very best para makapagbigay ng isang magandang programa para sa lahat,” she said.
In an interview with ABS-CBNnews.com early this month, Sta. Maria’s leading man in the show, Richard Yap, said the daytime show will continue its run for the rest of the year.
He said that the series will likely end this year at the earliest.
Meanwhile, Sta. Maria said she and the rest of the “Be Careful With My Heart” team are grateful as the show continues to enjoy high ratings.
“Very thankful kami. Hindi rin kasi naman talaga namin in-expect na aabot ng halos dalawang taon yung show. Up to this day, tinatangkilik pa din yung show. Sobrang thankful kami sa aspeto na yun,” she said.
Sta. Maria is hoping Kapamilya viewers would continue patronizing the show.
“Sana patuloy pa rin nilang panoorin. Natutuwa kami na nagiging instrument kami para makapagbigay ng inspirasyon sa maraming tao,” she said.
Last year, ABS-CBN president and chief executive officer Charo Santos-Concio joked that the top-rating show will be on air "forever."
"Hanggang magkaroon ng apo," Santos-Concio said at the time. "That's always a challenge for our content creators. The challenge is always for the next big hit... but for the meantime, as long as the public is supporting 'Be Careful With My Heart,' it will be there."